RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine at work said they shot a wolverine on their farm?? I think he is out of territory??, but that does not surprise me this year. It was near Strathroy, Ontario. Anyone else encounter these animals. I hear they can be dangerous.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Friend of mine at work said they shot a wolverine on their farm?? I think he is out of territory??, but that does not surprise me this year. It was near Strathroy, Ontario. Anyone else encounter these animals. I hear they can be dangerous.

I think they are farely rare and an incredibly awesome animal. I certainly wouldnt shoot one if I saw it.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
as long as they aren't playing Ohio State

·
Registered
227 Posts
I thought they are protected. they may have it mistaken for a badger which can be mean also but not like a wolverine,
My guess as well, I'm in Ontario, about 1.5 hrs drive from Strathroy and I've heard of Badgers in Southern Ontario along Lake Erie's Northern edge, but not Wolverines their territory is in the far Northern Boreal Forests. Either way, I'd only shoot one in defense of property, they are both protected.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I remember Napoleon Dynamite killed one in Alaska over the summer. Told the football jocks he shot it with a freaking 12 gauge. What a movie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts