RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hey I get it - a dull place if we all liked the same thing! I was on the traffic committee in Ronan for the 2015 Narc We’d need a case of beer or a really big bottle with lots of ice for the stories I could tell and embellish about traffic as there are some dooseies .

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
This is not meant as bragging more like illuminating my stupidity
1982 first time on a committee (Marshall‘s) duplicated many times because we had really good dogs and I was almost always there for a decade
Field Trial Chairman
Chairman or Co Chairman of the Marshalls (3 times)
Committee Chairman Stewards 1984
Co Capt of Guns twice
Gun committee several
Judge once, turned down several invitations before succumbing to pressure 😄

My favorite, a no brainer, guns with second not even close

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey I get it - a dull place if we all liked the same thing! I was on the traffic committee in Ronan for the 2015 Narc We’d need a case of beer or a really big bottle with lots of ice for the stories I could tell and embellish about traffic as there are some dooseies .
Collectively, and for some of us personally, had heard or experienced plenty of not-so-nice stories about working traffic before we started. Either due to good planning on our part, exaggeration of the part of the story tellers, or dumb luck, we dealt with very pleasant and understanding people. I called it success, but I don't want to do it again.

I will never have a record like Ed's! I can shoot but can't offer the commitment required of the gunners guild (unless its here) and I don't anticipate offers to join. I can't throw long enough to be a National quality thrower, but I was going to try to throw in Bonham 2016 but life interfered.

One day I'd love to run one.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
.....the stories I could tell and embellish about traffic as there are some dooseies .
Here's one you may have been at. One of the Stowe Nat Ams the wonderful traffic committee put Brenda Niel and the nic-nac sellers in the wrong field. The one across the road from the old barn on Kate Simonds front lawn. The traffic from the nic-nac buyers made ruts in the field. The ruts of course were in the ground. So traffic called grounds and we spend an afternoon fixing traffics boo boo. But I got a cool pin!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yes the pin, shirt and or vest. I have a collection ! When I pass the kids will pitch it in the dumpster along with other priceless and useless trivia.
Believing I didn’t contribute to the “ rut” fopa
Dk

·
Registered
194 Posts
I enjoyed being Bird Steward Chairman for the Derby National a few years ago. Got to see all the action, but didn't have to plant blinds!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts