RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it even worth it? Well in California it could become a reality. The newest version of AB 1634 requires that all dogs over the age of 4 months be actively competing for titles. This is on top of the condition that you even are able to secure a permit. This is EVERYONE! If you live in Cali please do something before it's too late.

http://www.akc.org/canine_legislation/CA_action_center.cfm

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
When I first saw your Subject title, I immediately thought "WHY NOT?!"

Not everyone running FTs are doing so to title to get the big stud/litter monies. Some are running because it's their sport, their dog(s) love the game, the friendships they've made, etc., etc.

After reading the post, I see that you're trying to rally the troops to fight pending legislature.

Good luck,
Vicky

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
What is "actively" competing for titles exactly? You get a JH on a dog and quit and thats enough? You just say you are training and enter a test once per year?

It's stupid legislation...period!

On the headline question, I probably wouldn't unless s/he were already trained to that point when the spay/neuter took place. But thats just me.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
achiro said:
What is "actively" competing for titles exactly? You get a JH on a dog and quit and thats enough? You just say you are training and enter a test once per year?

It's stupid legislation...period!

On the headline question, I probably wouldn't unless s/he were already trained to that point when the spay/neuter took place. But thats just me.
However, AKC requires a dog to be 6 months old to compete. (unless you get a fake ID :roll: ) Maybe AKC can come up with a puppy stake.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vicky is right I put that sub line to get a look. Me personally - I don't care either but it's a matter of personal choice. I don't want the government telling me that I can't do something with my dog. I don't breed because my dogs aren't worthy enough. But after paying a total of $900 for a neuter and the resulting 3 suture repairs and infection and urinary problems. I don't plan on neutering a dog again unless he needs it. Plus someday maybe I'll get lucky and have a nice one I might want to breed.

I flew to California for one of my dogs and wouldn't want to see my breeder and friend not be able to continue her line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts