RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I knew about the six month issue as my vet told me when I first took him in but momentary forgot. Restore shampoo is a brand name for a treatment of mild skin infections with the ingredients suggested by Dr Ed. But somehow it got worse than mild. But now I will get on it more quickly with the shampoo if I see even a hint of infection. Or stay on a routine of application.
Look up Zymox products, they have shampoos, conditioners, and sprays. It is an enzyme product that deters bacteria and fungus. I have used them on my dog who gets skin infections easily because her endocrine system self destructed and she doesn't grow coat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yates breaks out in bumps on his tummy and inside his thighs. Vet said it is allergens. He develops topical infections. Immediate treatment is antibiotics and prednisone. Then regular bathing with a skin shampoo like Restore.
This will the second round of antibiotics and prednisone. First round wss about two months ago.
Do I have a dog that practically can’t go outside?
Had a dog with same symptoms while under a year old. Treated it the same way your vet advised. The bumps went away, but he’d often have skin issues until he reached about 10 when we stumbled on Shebazole Shampoo. Tried allergy testing and treatment, foods, and anything anyone recommended and it would still pop up occasionally. BTW, he was a GREAT hunter, HRCH, and MH. Dang, I sure loved that dog…😢

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Yates skin infections are completely under control. Bathing only on tummy and inside of thighs twice a week with Restore and leaving on for 20 minutes. I am watching closely and considering going to once a week.

SkinGuard® Restore Shampoo is a formulation designed for the antiseptic cleansing of the skin of dogs. It is soap-free and contains mild cleansing bases and moisturizers.

Reactions: Tobias
21 - 23 of 23 Posts