RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You are invited ... to the cottage for a dinner on Saturday evening and a stroll round the lanes on Sunday morning. All our chums in RTF have a standing invitation to visit us as and when it suits your journey plans. Tomorrow we welcome Sam and Adrian.

We anticipate our guests will arrive sometime around 4.30. Prior to din dins me, Adrian and "Eddie" the Lab will have a walk round the hill trying for a rabbit (or six). We are plagued with the wee s**s right now. Sam has only just started to shoot clays, but I hope to con her into some bunny popping.

Dinner will be ....

Smoked wood pigeon breasts served on a Caesar salad with home produced quail eggs.

Venison cutlets (yeah we shot that too) on Boursin mash with fresh beans, peas and kettle chips.

Chocolate log pud, with orange chocolate chips and Grand Marnier, fresh cream and sherry sauce.

Wines will certainly be a bottle of Moet to kick off with, and whatever you fancy after that; I suspect Calvados will play a leading role. Sunday breakfast will be whatever you fancy followed by a stroll along the lane with a couple of dogs; the wildflowers are at their peak right now. The "Bull and Heifer" opens at 12 so if you're up for it a game of pool might be on, or just a glass of wine in the pub garden?

We'll be off to Devonshire in a few weeks for a bit of R&R, and return to the re-launch of the training group ... if you should be in this neck of the woods just give us a tug,

Eug and The Management.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Toured Wales in 2003 with my local rugby club. Had a great time! Retired and went to the dogs so to speak!

Cheers,

·
Registered
227 Posts
I say, smashing good of you to put out the invite! Sadly, no I shalt not be there. The McDonald's of Shallow Lake, are hosting the McDonald's of Peterborough, My brother and his wife, (a lovely woman from jolly old England) and my bride and I are supping on Nacho's and taco's this eve, followed by a heavy sampling of Budwieser's Light ale and no doubt Clamato's tribute to Ceaser! This galla shall continue by (bon) fire light until the wee hours whence we shall retire to McDonald Manse, ( the kidlets are sleeping on a matress in the basement).

On the morrow we shall endevor to find the discarded antlers of the white tailed stag... a jolley good sport if not a oft successful one. No doubt sharp repremands of the the labs shall ring out across the fen of Shallow lake..

Good on you old chap for the invite, perhaps another time?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Traveling to the UK for dog training and clays is on my Bucket list.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
A Pud?Don`t think so.....As far as the pigeons we use those for dog training.I`ll eat the deer though.....Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts