Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cruise x CFC Abby

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a pup soon for field trials, and I've got it narrowed down to a few litters. I can't decide so I thought I would draw on the collective experience of the members here. I'll start by saying that all the litters are priced similarly and will be socialized similarly. Feel free to pm or e-mail any suggestions or comments.

Litter #1
Calumet's Super Sonic x Libby, QAA (3 year old black bitch out of FC-AFC Hilltop's Hayseed x untitled bitch out of AFC Hawkeye's BR Buddy and FC-AFC Redline Wilderness Hanna Go) Libby is QAA with 18 derby points, one qualifying win and three qualifing seconds ... amateur trained ... has not had a chance yet to fly or flop in all age

Litter #2
Auggie x Molly, QAA (4 year old yellow bitch out of 2x NAFC Maxx and a QAA Harley daughter) ... linebreeding on Harley in case you weren't paying attention (grandsire to Auggie and Molly) Dam is QAA and had 19 derby points in 11 starts ... also has had no chance in all age yet

Litter #3
Cruise x CFC Abby (6 year old black bitch out of NFC Fast Willie x untitled Rascal bitch) Dam has qualified for a few Canadian nationals and was a finalist in 2003 National. Dam has 4.5 US points in a fair amount of starts with a 4th in her last US trial.

I understand that the dam is as important or more important than the sire and most of the time a litter from a titled female is best unless there's a sire that throw's particularly good pups (maybe soupy) or the lines "click." But, I don't know how much Canadian titles are viewed in comparison to US titles. So, fire away. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
cwesleyc:

Have you seen any of these females run??? It is nice that they are QAA and are well bred, but are they what YOU want in a dog. I would think of things that you absolutely want in a dog and find out which female best fits that description. then go with that breeding. JMHO.

John
________
Watch Xxx

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
The Auggie pups i have seen are very very soft.

Not saying that's good or bad... depends on what you want and what would fit your training.

Shayne

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I won't vote on this as I don't know anything about any of the bitches and almost nothing on the studs.

Shayne, did the Auggie pups you've seen have a lot of desire?

Did they seem smart of on the dumber end of the spectrum?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Bullet is out of Cruise - so from a sire perspective I can say I'm happy and he is showing good progress according to his trainer, but the proof isn't in the pudding just yet since he hasn't been run in any trials. I do know a half-brother, Petey, has 20 derby points and ages out soon.

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

·
Registered
113 Posts
There's so many great breedings out there now , I'm sure glad I bought my pup a couple months ago so I don't have to choose today. All those litters look great, how about Carbon and Cody 2 National finalist? Then there's the Dake litters, Patton and Rocket! Sorry for the lack of help maybe use a coin!!

Russ

·
Registered
17,000 Posts
Howard N said:
did the Auggie pups you've seen have a lot of desire?

Thanks
Howard, I've been keeping up with three pups by Auggie out of Eagle Ridge Triple Threat(Lean Mac x Hattie McBunn). They are about 10 months old. Two with Van Eagan and one with Dex Dolittle. The reports that I've been hearing is that the pups look great! Tough but sensative, which is good! Ken Jackson and Judy Powers also have pups from that litter but, haven't heard a word on them. I really don't think you can give them a fair evaluation until they start running AA competition as far as determining what kind of dogs Auggie is producing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Auggie

My Auggie pup is on the softer side, she has the hold down well with the FF but the Ear pinch is another story. She is a year old now very immature still, very birdy and intelligent but the FF has got my feathers ruffled with her.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
As Jon mentioned earlier, I would want to see how the dogs (sire and dam) run. Perhaps more importantly, I would want to see/know how the dog trained. Personally, I like a dog that runs as it trains and I do not like a dog that is a slug in training but becomes a fire breather at a FT.

And of course, if possible, I would like to know what sire and dam throw.

I have heard stories of soft Auggie pups. However, Buffy - my bitch out of Auggie and FC/AFC Call Me Yankee Doodle Dandy (A 100 point AA Bitch) is not soft. Neither is she hard. She is not a rocket scientist. Neither is she a dunce. Very middle of the road with two important exceptions - she can mark the lights out and she wants to please. Two littermates out of a litter of four are doing well - one owned by Dave Harter, the other owned by Todd Scheuble. We are a long way from knowing whether Buffy is a big time big dog, but indications so far are promising. I hear similar things from Dave and Todd

I don't know enough about the breedings you are considering to offer any further comment

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
They all sound like fine litters. The Sires are all excellent. All capable of producing outstanding pups when bred to the right females.

I do know Libby. Libby is a very nice female. She is very settled, consistent and a good marker. A good match for Soupy, with the possible exception of her size. She is an average sized female, and Soupy is on the small side, and some of his pups are small.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the votes and responses. Because I am new to the field trial game, I haven't had the opportunity to see most of these dogs run. I was just looking for an "on paper" assessment of these litters from people with more experience than me. I'll take the most common advice to dig deeper and learn as much as I can about the sires and dams of these pups before I make a decision. Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts