RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good young dog trainer in the Dakotas, Minnesota or Montana that has room this summer to train a 10 month old choc female out of FC AFC Cuda's Blue Ryder and a FC Man In Black bitch.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Chylo Schifferns summers in MT & I'd highly recommend him. Plenty of other folks who would give references on his behalf. I PM'd you his phone #.

M

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
What happened to Buzz's post? He had some great names to check into.

Depending on where you end up in the Dakota's, I can give you a few names also. Let us know your destination.

UB

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Karl Gunzer is in Ronan, Montana........end of April to October
He and his assistant Rob Eberhart are very good.

·
Registered
329 Posts
:D You can't beat Rick Bauer(Woodduck Kennels), Mondovi, Wisconsin. Very good with young dogs, **** and span kennels and wonderful training grounds. Winters in Texas. Rick has an ad in Retriever Field Trial News also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trainer

Rick Bauer In Mondovi - Woodduck Kennels
Training for 15 plus years - trained with both Curtis's - Lot's of personal attention - Clean Kennel
Thats my pick

G

·
I would also recommend Rick Bauer of Woodduck Kennels near Mondovi, WI. He is great at reading dogs, has excellent grounds with access to water you could only dream of (everytime I go to train for a day I end up talking to my wife about moving there), and I will also concur with the other individuals that his kennel is meticulously kept. My male, currently with Rick, along with others that I have seen from the Woodduck camp display excellent line manners, focus, and drive. He does a great job of making sure he moves at each individual dog's pace which is great for their confidence. He also winters in Texas if that is something you would be interested in. He has great water there as well. Good luck with your search for a trainer. Rick's number is 715-287-4453. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I really like Thad Lambert of Round Lake Kennels, in Round Lake, MN. He is not hard on the dogs physically but does demand that they work. He is patient with young dogs. His number is (507) 360 6405.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts