RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Charlie Moody in Louisville,MS. I wouldn't call him an exclusive young dog trainer because quite a few of his former young dogs are now AA dogs on his truck.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Jerry Day is in Georgia year round and has a great young dog program. He does two or three trips to South GA in the winter and I believe will make at least one trip North this summer. He does a lot of hunt test dogs but has trained a couple of dogs that have went on to make the derby list and others that obtained QAA shortly after aging out of the derby. I think he has three FT focused pups in right now (may have more) probably at or nearing swim-by and he has three or four older HRCH/MH dogs that he is preparing for qualifying. All his pups see white coats and long marks from day 1.

Jim Van Engan winters in the Thomasville, GA area and of course needs no introduction.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
+1 on Charlie Moody. Great guy, great with young dogs, and great at turning talented young dogs into talented AA dogs.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mark Smith is one of the best in the country. His basics program is top notch. Danny Farmer and Bill Ecket have both sent their own dogs to Mark.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tim Milligan, Midway Retrievers located in Texas north of Houston. Look at Retriever Results. Tim is the number 1 handler and kennel running Derbies so far this year. Great person, extremely honest, hardworking.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ed Forry has a young dog program. 3-4 months in SC in the winter home base is DE and than goes to upstate NY for his summer training all locations have very nice kennels and airing yards. Oh by the way has turned 40 or so into Field Champions. 302-545-0427

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Here's the youngest one I've seen. (Tejas Retriever Training Club Hunt Test 4/29/12)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts