RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing two launchers here in the near future. I've done my research as to the models I want. I'm looking at the original Gunners Up and the Remote Field Trialer Zinger Winger. I'm looking for some reviews if one is better than the other. They're both comparable in launching distances, etc. I already have electronics to put on them so I just need the launchers themselves. As I said, any reviews, both good and bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Do a search. This question has already been discussed at length.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do a search. This question has already been discussed at length.
That was the first thing I did. Unless I'm stupid, which is a possibility, there wasn't a whole lot that came up with keyword searches of Zinger Winger, Gunners Up, and Launcher. If you have links, I'll gladly take them because I couldn't get them to pull up in the searches I ran.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If I had the money, I would go with Train-rite

I think the zinger and GU are comparable. The GU is not as solidly constructed IMO (I own 3) but I do like the release better. Only issue so far is the hinge arms bent on one and I had to buy replacements. the replacements were much stouter than the ones originally installed (SOG model).

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
If I had the money, I would go with Train-rite

I think the zinger and GU are comparable. The GU is not as solidly constructed IMO (I own 3) but I do like the release better. Only issue so far is the hinge arms bent on one and I had to buy replacements. the replacements were much stouter than the ones originally installed (SOG model).
+1 on Train-rite

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got the mini Zingers for Christmas and love them. I just didnt have the room to haul around the big ones. The only issue is they dont throw as far. So far, with the Dogtra remote, i have loved them.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing two launchers here in the near future. I've done my research as to thehttp://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?151178-Gunners-Up-vs-Zinger-Winger&highlight=Gunners models I want. I'm looking at the original Gunners Up and the Remote Field Trialer Zinger Winger. I'm looking for some reviews if one is better than the other. They're both comparable in launching distances, etc. I already have electronics to put on them so I just need the launchers themselves. As I said, any reviews, both good and bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.retrievertraining.net/fo...Gunners-Up-vs-Zinger-Winger&highlight=Gunners

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
So how much do the Train-rite weigh?? Not listed on the website. Seem expensive.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nate, just wait a bit and he'll get on here and bash the other 2 companies products and say his is better and he might even tell the weight.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
someone mentioned in another thread between 18 and 20 lb - estimate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 3 zingers one mini & 2 field trailer the mini is real good easy to reset great to move and haul around the frame work pulleys etc perfect Keep good rubber tubes and somewhat decent birds throws perfect. "Very nice to move around and reset" as far as zinger field trial model very heavy built throws full size birds perfect very very stable several settings for throwing distance mine are older ones but the releases are way better than GU at least on mine not sure what new ones are like disadvantages to them they are heavy but very stable

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have three Zinger Winger IIs, and like them a lot. Easy to carry around, and once you figure out the set up (took me one day), they are very easy to position and reset.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Used them all for a number of years and the Zinger II is the only one I'll ever buy again.
Why the II over the mini? I've got a II and was thinking of getting at least 1 mini to round out my set of 3 due to size/convenience. Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
OP- I come here to chat not to read so I never search- if it makes folks mad, so be it. I'm usually wanting to chat and not dig up old info. That said- I've used both. They both work fine. When I purchased mine after training with several, I purchased Zinger and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How timely!
Just this morning I sent an email to G.U. about a replacement leg clamp that wasn't working the way that I felt it should work. About an hour later I got a call from G.U. ... replacement clamp is going in the mail TODAY!
In my world, that qualifies as outstanding service.

I bought a couple used Original Gunners Ups (TriTronics electronics) a couple years ago and used them very little until recently (I have new puppies to train!). I tuned them up with new pulleys and bands (and the leg clamp) ... they operate great. I've not used Zinger Wingers, so I can't compare/contrast, but I like the OGUs and the service I've received has been top notch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts