RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I own gunners up. 10 years old, replaced rubbers a couple times, had a leg break, which was promptly replaced by gu at no charge. Top notch customer service.

If you buy gu, swap the hinges left to right. They put them on backwards from the factory. Not sure why.

The gu release is safer than that on the zw in that it can't slip off and release. The zw pouch and roller can be bumped and released without the solenoid moving. Zw is a bit more durable in my opinion, but both have lifetime warranty.

The train rite is top notch as well. May go with them if I ever buy another, but wingers really are a buy them once kind of product.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I really like the ZW Minis. I have three and have used them almost daily during the Hunt Test season without any problems.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Why the II over the mini? I've got a II and was thinking of getting at least 1 mini to round out my set of 3 due to size/convenience. Thanks

For just about every reason. I used to have a mini but didn't like it on particularly long gun stations. Throw wasn't quite as visible. I always used it on the closer station. Size of the II and the mini is not significant enough to make a difference to me but the II is much easier the field trailer to carry. The II fires only the 209 primers which is the most economical. I see no reason to spend more for .22 or .32 blanks, I use a lot of them about 30 a day. Also the added cost of the mini I assume is because of the extra machining that goes into the trigger to except .22 and .32 is not worth it. So all things considered the II is the best bang for your buck. Simple, easy and it does the job. One thing that I have added to the II is an extra set of hooks. The Mini and the field trailer both come with two sets of hooks for a longer or shorter throw but the II only has one set for the longest throw possible so I ad another for a slightly shorter throw. With new rubber and only the one set of hooks the II actually throws too far. A lot father than I can throw which is really a good idea for trying to simulate hunting kind of stuff but I want a human kind of throw for trial training. As the rubber wears I stretch down to the bottom hooks. In a nut shell the II is convenient, economical, and functional.
I think the Zinger is better built then the GU., Beside the GU pretty much just copied the Zinger and that doesn't sit too well with me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had the original GU wingers and they were great.I now have 2 GU mini's & 1 ZW mini.They both work equally well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use 3 of the Zinger minis. They work great. Had to press my wife's small SUV into service a few times, they fit no problems. I also like them all the same make and model, only have to stock one length of replacement rubbers, parts, etc.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts