RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received my WZ retired gun. It is not as good as the one shown on Dennis' Training Alone dvd but it will work for me. Look at the step in spike. It slips inside a 3/4" pvc conduit and bolts in. Does anyone know the scource of these? Hopefully in one of the local big box stores.

I've got to learn all over again how to resize pictures on photobucket. Just about the time I learn how to do something they change the program. Drats!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wayne,

They must have saw you coming. $159.00 for that????......Take a look at ours.

http://www.gunnersup.com/product-p/gu-rtgnr.htm

A couple of reasons our is a better value:

1) Solid Aluminum Construction
2) Doubles as a stickman
3) Telescopes to over 6 feet tall
4) Comes with mini holding blind for t-shirt to fall behind
5) Stickman feature stores into one compact unit.
6) All this for $150.00

Train smarter, not harder!

Rich Davis
Gunners Up!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Wayne,

They must have saw you coming. $159.00 for that????......Take a look at ours.

http://www.gunnersup.com/product-p/gu-rtgnr.htm

A couple of reasons our is a better value:

1) Solid Aluminum Construction
2) Doubles as a stickman
3) Telescopes to over 6 feet tall
4) Comes with mini holding blind for t-shirt to fall behind
5) Stickman feature stores into one compact unit.
6) All this for $150.00

Train smarter, not harder!

Rich Davis
Gunners Up!

First of all Chris I'm really sorry if I'm out of line saying this but I feel it needs to be said.

Sorry but I gotta say it looks pretty much the same. You guys are pretty good at copying someone elses product to make a buck. You just about copied the winger to a T with a slight difference to get by the patent I guess. For this reason I wouldnt touch a Gunnersup product even if it is cheaper!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Steve, don't want to get thread off track but since you made the comment I will say one more thing. I have two Zinger Winger II's & one Gunners Up Son of a Gun. They both work great and are very nicely made, but just a few little differences....both quality products! One thing I do like about the Son of a Gun better is the release mechanim & the 209 primer ALWAYS pops out on its own. Again, both really great and top of the line. I wouldn't knock either company!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich, I thought your comments were entirely inappropriate. Why I chose the ZW is my business and dissing me in the process is rude behavior. Plus your comments did not have anything to do with the reason for my post.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I would take the solid metal construction one every time. We also have much better luck with stakes like on the bottom of the GU in the wind around here..... There are only so many ways you can drop a white t-shirt.

Wayne, your already looking for replacement parts?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Wayne, I've read you talking about Bumper boys.

If you're a little bit handy you can put a servo motor in the middle of a stickman pole and hook it up to the motion port on the BB receiver. Sew some camo fabric to the back of a white t shirt and have a good retired gun that will reappear if you need it. Push the button and it can rotate white or camo. If you set it up near a bush or tree it disappears. Hard to describe but if you rotate it just right you can have the narrow side face the line which is neither white nor camo and it is gone.

BB used to sell a version of this but stopped years ago as I guess there wasn't enough interest in it. It's a pretty strong servo, bigger than the ones on the BB launcher.

It's not perfect since you have to consider the wind which can turn the servo wherever it wants if it's blowing hard.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
if you guys have hard, hard ground. No matter the device brand, make a starter hole first. Instead of ramming or thumping it into the Earth. I always carry a couple standard 30 inch long one inch steel bars. They sell um at your local concrete supply place, curb and sidewalk forms are held in place with them. Perfect when combined with a good heavy mallet for making starter holes for anything from holding blinds to signs to event locations. I also love um for tie out stakes and emergency heeling sticks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
if you guys have hard, hard ground. No matter the device brand, make a starter hole first. Instead of ramming or thumping it into the Earth. I always carry a couple standard 30 inch long one inch steel bars. They sell um at your local concrete supply place, curb and sidewalk forms are held in place with them. Perfect when combined with a good heavy mallet for making starter holes for anything from holding blinds to signs to event locations. I also love um for tie out stakes and emergency heeling sticks.

Ken, I was wondering about the heeling stick. Do you put an oversized golf grip so it doesn't slip out of your hand?:p

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not looking for replacement parts. I thought the slide in step-in stake was a good idea and was looking for some to use in my stickmen. My stickmen are made out of 3/4 elect conduit. My post was not about the retired gun per se but about the step-in stake.

If someone else wants to pick a different retired gun, that is fine with me. But I didn't appreciate being dissed over my choice.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wayne, I am not 100% sure but I thought I saw some stakes like that at TSC. if not look at a local fabricator and see how much they will charge. they can use scrap pieces to make the spayed.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If someone else wants to pick a different retired gun, that is fine with me. But I didn't appreciate being dissed over my choice.
Wayne,

My apologies, I misinterpreted your original post and thought you were concerned about the construction of your new purchase and were already looking for replacement parts. My intent wasn't to "diss your choice" but to let you know that there is/was a choice with what some might consider better/more options.

All the best!

Rich Davis

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm sure Robert or his staff at Zinger winger would be happy to discuss the possibility of you getting some for other uses. Give them a call. They have great customer service ;)

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Baby Duck, That was one of my options but it would be better if I could find them locally. That was the intent of my original post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts